Your crash was painful, frustrating, and costly. You know you deserve payment to help you cover the endless costs you face, but you know you won’t get it without a fight. That’s when it’s time to call a Green Bay car accident attorney.
Every day in Wisconsin, insurance companies offer car accident victims lowball settlements before they really understand the true cost of their accidents or injuries. In short, insurance companies take advantage of the people they owe money to.
At Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers, we don’t think that’s fair, and we want to help you get maximum compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and lost wages.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, Bank on Brian! Contact our Green Bay car accident lawyers 24/7 at (920) 486-9726 for a free case review or fill out our online form now.
CALL 24/7(920) 222-2222
How a Green Bay Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you’re injured in an accident caused by someone else, our team is here to help you:
- Determine who is at fault for the accident – We can investigate all aspects of your crash, gather evidence, and review the police report to determine who caused the wreck.
- Calculate how much you’re owed – This is one of the most important roles of a car accident attorney. We review all your past and future damages to determine a fair settlement, which is almost always more than the initial offer you receive from an insurance company.
- Negotiate with the insurance company – Dealing with the insurance company is the last thing you should have to worry about while recovering from your accident. Let us negotiate on your behalf while you focus on your health.
When it comes to your auto accident claim, our team is here to protect your rights to maximum compensation. If you’re not offered a fair settlement by the insurance company, we’re ready to take your case to court.
Compensation for Green Bay Auto Accident Victims
From the moment we begin helping you with your car accident claim, we’ll get to know you, your loved ones, and every detail of your case. Taking the time to understand your damages allows us to pursue all possible compensation for your accident. The most common types of compensation available to car accident victims include:
- Medical bills – Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may require extensive medical care after an accident. From ambulance rides to physical therapy, medical expenses are pricey and can quickly add up.
- Lost wages – Even minor injuries can leave you unable to work for a long period of time. Without the paychecks you and your family depend on, you may be facing financial hardship, which compounds the other crash-related obstacles you’re facing.
- Property Damage – Some of the biggest crash-related expenses are vehicle repairs or replacement. Depending on how severely your vehicle was damaged, you might need extensive repairs or an entirely new vehicle. The at-fault party’s insurance company should cover those costs.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering from an auto accident can be debilitating not just for you, but also for your loved ones. Pain and suffering can include physical injuries, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. These damages are considered “non-economic,” but they can have huge financial consequences for a victim.
At Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers, it’s our goal to get you the best possible results for your auto accident claim. Our case reviews are free, and our legal team is available 24/7.
Understanding the Process of Auto Accident Injury Claims
If you’ve been hurt in a crash, the last thing you want is to deal with the red tape that interferes with your recovery and delays your settlement. Knowing what to expect can make the process less overwhelming. Here’s a general outline of what you might expect after an auto accident…
- Contacting the police to file an accident report.
- Contacting your insurance company to notify them of the crash.
- Keeping track of all the expenses you’re encountering, so you can report those costs to your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.
- Dealing with an insurance adjuster.
- Receiving an offer from insurance companies, which you should evaluate closely before accepting.
- Receiving payments.
It’s important to note that any part of this process can be derailed if an insurance company decides not to offer you payment or to offer you payment that is far less than you deserve.
Remember that it’s not an insurance adjuster’s job to get you the money you need. They work for the insurance company, and they will look for any reason to reduce or deny the amount of compensation you’re owed.
This process will be much easier if you have an attorney handling your claim. You’ll also be more likely to get an offer that truly meets your needs. We suggest you contact Brian Hodgkiss if you need a car accident lawyer in Green Bay.
Frequently Asked Questions About Green Bay Car Accidents
Is it worth getting an attorney after a car accident?
Absolutely, hiring a car accident attorney is worth it. Insurance companies are profitable partly because they offer people less than they deserve. By hiring an attorney, you’re letting the insurance company know you’re serious. The amount of compensation you receive with an attorney is typically far more than it would be had you not hired a car accident lawyer.
When should you get a lawyer for a car accident?
It’s never too late or too early to hire a car accident lawyer. We always suggest people call an attorney as soon as possible after a crash, simply because your attorney can find ways to maximize compensation in each step of the process.
However, you should still call a lawyer even if your claim is further along. Many clients call our team after they’ve been given an inadequate offer by insurance companies.
What is the average settlement for a car accident in Wisconsin?
Settlements for car accidents can range from thousands to millions of dollars. To get a rough estimate of the amount you should seek in your car accident case, use this formula…
Costs of property damage
+ costs of past and future medical expenses
+ costs of past and future lost income
+ payment for non-economic damages*
= your demand to the insurance company.
*non-economic damages might seem subjective, but they can be the costliest damages you face. Your lawyer will be able to provide a frame of reference for how much you should demand for non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
As you can see, costs vary greatly from one case to another. Attorneys are valuable in this process because they can help you identify expenses you might have otherwise overlooked.
What does a car accident lawyer do?
Car accident lawyers serve many different roles for their clients. The basic functions include:
- Investigating your crash to determine who is responsible.
- Determining how much you are owed.
- Demanding payment from the insurance company.
- Negotiating with insurance companies.
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary.
At Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers, we believe exceptional legal service means going above and beyond these basic duties. Our Green Bay car accident lawyers will also…
- Help you find the care you need to get your life back to normal.
- Get to know you and your family, so we can understand the true extent of your suffering.
- Schedule our appointments to best fit your schedule and coming to you when you can’t make it to our offices.
- Frequently updating you about the progress of your case, so you always know where your claim stands.
We believe in doing things differently. Brian Hodgkiss’s goal is to change the way people experience the accident claims process in Wisconsin. To find out what we can offer you, give us a call or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation.
How much does a lawyer charge for a car accident?
Attorneys can bill clients however they’d like. Some charge an hourly rate or demand money up front, while others choose to work on a contingency fee basis.
The car accident attorneys at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. That means we only get paid if we win your case.
Should I expect a settlement or a trial?
Most car accident cases are resolved through settlements. However, we know from years of experience that the best way to win the biggest payment possible is to be prepared for trial.
When we negotiate with insurance companies, they know we are ready to take things all the way to trial if necessary. This has the added benefit of resulting in bigger settlements for our clients.
What if I was partially responsible for the accident?
In Wisconsin, fault isn’t an all-or-nothing concept. The law of the land in our state is comparative negligence. If the authorities say that you were less at fault for a crash than the other driver, you have the right to file a claim.
For example, if you were in a collision with another vehicle, and the police stated in the report that your actions contributed to the crash, but the other driver’s actions were the primary cause of the wreck, you have the right to file a claim.
What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?
Sadly, some people do drive when they don’t have insurance, even though carrying sufficient auto insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin. If you’re injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, you might be able to get compensation from your own insurance company—if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, that is. Of course, you should always speak to an attorney to make sure you explore your options for getting compensation.
These are just a few of the questions that car accident lawyers get asked every day. When you have specific questions about your wreck, schedule a free consultation with a Green Bay car accident lawyer Brian Hodgkiss. We want to help you better understand your legal options.
A Checklist for What to Do After a Car Accident
What should you do after a crash? It will depend on the unique circumstances of your accident. However, most people will benefit from following these 10 steps…
- Call 911 to notify the police. Request an ambulance if you or anyone else might be injured.
- Get the insurance information of the other driver, but never apologize for the wreck. You don’t have all the facts, and your kind gesture of saying “I’m sorry” or “I didn’t see you” could be later interpreted as an admission of guilt.
- Wait for police to arrive at the crash scene, so you can give them the information they’ll need to fill out an accident report.
- If possible, take pictures of the damage to your vehicle, the scene of the crash, and your injuries. You might ask one of your passengers to do this if you are unable.
- If possible, get the contact information of any witnesses to the crash.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you only suspect that you’ve been injured.
- Report your crash to your insurance company, but stick to the facts of what happened and never admit fault.
- Keep track of any and all bills or documents you receive regarding your crash.
- Never speak to the representative of any insurance company that isn’t your own.
- Contact a Green Bay car accident lawyer to get them started on the claims process.
The sooner you contact a car accident attorney, the better your chances of getting compensation that meets your many post-injury needs. Contact our team today to get a free, no-obligation case assessment.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer Serving Green Bay
If you were injured in a car accident because of someone else’s negligence, you don’t have to go it alone—Bank on Brian!
Our experienced legal team is ready to help, and it’s our goal to pursue maximum compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact us now to get started with a free case review—just dial (920) 486-9726, and let our Green Bay car accident lawyers get to work for you.