Due to motorcycles’ lack of safety features and external protection, riders face a higher risk of suffering severe injuries when involved in crashes, leaving them to deal with expensive medical bills, time away from work, and pain and suffering. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Wisconsin, Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers wants to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Just like other motorists on the road, motorcyclists have rights, and our team is ready to help you protect yours. Contact an Appleton motorcycle accident attorney at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers today—just dial (920) 486-9630 24/7 or fill out our free consultation form now.
CALL 24/7(920) 222-2222
What to Do (And What Not to Do) After a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, the steps you take—and don’t take—can have a significant impact on your health and your chances of getting compensation:
- DO call 911. If you are unable to, ask someone to call for you. This vital step dispatches emergency responders to your location and establishes an official record of the crash.
- DON’T refuse medical treatment at the scene. Shock and adrenaline may disguise injuries that will become apparent later.
- DO get a medical evaluation as soon as possible if you aren’t treated at the scene. Make sure to inform your doctor that you were injured in a traffic accident while riding your motorcycle. This connects your injuries to your accident in your medical record.
- DON’T admit fault for the crash to the other driver, witnesses, or the responding police officer. Motorcycle accidents can leave victims rattled and confused, and you may accidentally say something that can be used against you.
- DON’T make guesses about speeds or distances when speaking to the police. Provide only what you know to be a fact.
- DON’T argue with the other driver, assign blame, or behave aggressively in a way that may indicate culpability.
- DO take pictures of the scene of the accident when it’s safe to do so. This includes pictures of your motorcycle, the other vehicle, and the surrounding area.
- DO get contact information from the other driver, any witnesses, and the responding police officer.
- DO call your insurance company to inform them of your crash.
- DON’T accept a settlement offer from the insurance company until after you’ve spoken with a lawyer. Insurance companies know victims need immediate compensation, and they frequently offer “lowball” settlements.
When You Should Call a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Insurance companies often place unfair blame on motorcyclists, but we know that most motorcyclists are committed to safe riding practices. Even the most cautious riders can be involved in crashes due to hazards such as poorly maintained roads and signage, or distracted drivers failing to yield or spot a motorcyclist. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced law firm on your side from day one to protect you from a potentially biased insurance company.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers can help if you’re facing any of the following:
- Your insurance claim after a crash was denied
- You’ve lost wages due to your injuries
- You’ve suffered long-term or permanent injury after a crash caused by another motorist
- Your injuries interfere with your day-to-day life
How Much Does It Cost to Get Experienced Legal Representation?
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that there are no upfront costs or fees. You come in for a free consultation, and we’ll discuss your motorcycle accident claim. If you decide to let us represent you, then you pay us nothing unless we win money for you.
What Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Do For You
If you were involved in a motorcycle crash in Wisconsin, an attorney from Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers is ready to stand up to the insurance company and hold the negligent driver accountable. You shouldn’t have to pay for a crash that wasn’t your fault, and we’re here to help you get the money you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
While you focus on your recovery, our motorcycle accident legal team will handle the following on your behalf:
- Gathering evidence
- Calculating your accident-related expenses
- Sending the insurance company a demand letter
- Negotiating with the insurance company to get you fair compensation
- Advising you on whether to take a settlement or take your case to trial
Let a Green Bay Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Today
If you or someone you love was injured in a Wisconsin motorcycle accident, get the dedicated legal team at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers on your side. We know what it takes to stand up to the insurance company, and it’s our goal to get you the compensation you deserve. You won’t owe us anything unless we win your case, and we’re available 24/7 to help you get started. Contact us today to get started with a free case review.