When careless motorists fail to look out for pedestrians, accidents happen. But just like drivers and motorcyclists, pedestrians have rights on the road. If you were injured in an accident while walking or sharing the road, you may be eligible to claim compensation for your injuries. Contact a Green Bay pedestrian accident attorney at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers and let us fight for you.
Our team understands how devastating pedestrian accidents can be for victims and their families, and we want to help. Let us pursue maximum compensation and deal with the insurance company so you can focus on your health. After a pedestrian accident in Wisconsin, don’t go it alone. Just dial (920) 222-2222 24/7 or complete a free consultation form today.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Injuries in Wisconsin
When you choose us to handle your injury claim, you can count on us to thoroughly investigate your accident to determine what happened. Although there are laws in place in Wisconsin to protect pedestrians, not all motorists abide by them. Some of the most common scenarios that result in pedestrian injuries include:
- Failure to Yield
- Pedestrians always have the right of way, even at unmarked crosswalks. Drivers should be on the lookout for pedestrians and yield accordingly.
- Distracted Drivers
- Anything that takes a driver’s focus off the road is considered a distraction. Talking with other passengers, texting, and even daydreaming can result in life-threatening mistakes.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws
- When drivers or other motorists don’t follow speed limits, traffic lights, or other rules of the road, their carelessness puts pedestrians at risk.
- Driving Under the Influence
- Alcohol, drugs, and other substances can impair judgement, vision, and reaction time, but those skills are necessary when assessing oncoming traffic—including those on foot.
You may be facing major medical expenses after a pedestrian accident, but you shouldn’t have to pay for injuries that weren’t your fault. Our legal team is ready to hold the responsible parties accountable and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free case review at (920) 222-2222.
Fighting for Pedestrian Accident Victims in Northeast Wisconsin
Pedestrian accidents can be traumatic, painful, and may even result in life-threatening injuries, but you don’t have to go it alone. Get the help of an experienced attorney at Brian Hodgkiss Injury Lawyers today. We know what it takes to build strong injury claims, and we’re ready to protect your rights. There’s no cost or obligation to get started, so don’t wait. Contact us 24/7 at (920) 222-2222 or complete our free online form.